East Coast to Freycinet Cruise
A 3-day cruise + lodge experience showcasing the very best of Tasmania’s East Coast
Tasmania’s East Coast, with its natural beauty, spectacular landscapes, white sandy beaches, and clear blue waters is a must see for any traveller. This 3-day cruise and lodge-based experience will show you the best that the East Coast has to offer from both land & sea. Based from private cruise vessel Odalisque and Freycinet Lodge, situated in the Freycinet National Park itself, guests will explore the highlights of the region, including Maria Island, Wineglass Bay and the Freycinet Peninsula. Our expert guide & skipper will develop a custom itinerary just for you, sharing with you plenty of local secrets along the way.
Cruise the East Coast in custom built charter vessel the Odalisque.
Explore the best of Tasmania’s East Coast on a tailored cruise experience.
The location of Freycinet Lodge’s accommodation in Freycinet National Park is second to none. Image: RACT Destinations
This experience starts with an overnight cruise from Hobart to Freycinet Peninsula, via Maria Island. There will be opportunities for bushwalking, exploring in the excursion tender, beach combing, swimming, fishing, relaxing and soaking up the stunning scenery. Wake up to ocean views and the sound of water gently lapping after your first night spent aboard your floating home, the Odalisque. Our second day together includes interactions with some of local wildlife and more beautiful scenery, including a visit to Wineglass Bay. In the afternoon, we will arrive at Freycinet Lodge, where you will enjoy an elegant, yet grounded overnight stay in the Coastal Pavilions, nestled within the coastal bush of Freycinet National Park. On day 3, the choice is yours to continue by land or sea. Return to Hobart via the scenic coastal route aboard Odalisque (1-day), or take up a 3-day car option and soak up the sights of the Great Eastern Drive at your own pace.
The Hazards, Coles Bay & Freycinet National Park. Image: Matt Donovan
Guest & guide on Odalisque’s top viewing deck.
Freycinet Lodge’s Coastal Pavilions are nestled in the bush.
Savour fine Tasmanian fare, including fresh seafood.
Our cruises are tailored to our guests’ interests, but the below itinerary is a taster of the type of experience you can expect.
Highlights of Day 1 – Hobart to Maria Island
- Pass through the Denison Canal
- Anchor at Maria Island’s famous isthmus
- Swim in the pristine waters of Tasmania’s east coast
- Stroll along the white, sandy beaches lining both sides of the Isthmus
- Bush walking
- Explore the historical site of Darlington
- Stay overnight aboard Odalisque
Highlights of Day 2 – Maria Island to Freycinet Peninsula
- Cruise past Maria Island’s sea cliffs
- See the seal colony at Ile des Phoques
- Picnic lunch at Wineglass Bay
- Dock in at Coles Bay
- Stay overnight at Freycinet Lodge’s Coastal Pavilion
Highlights of Day 3 – Freycinet Peninsula & beyond
- Choose your East Coast adventure with:
A 1-day return voyage from Freycinet Peninsula to Hobart aboard Odalisque
3-days car hire
Stroll along the white sandy beach of Wineglass Bay. Image: Luke Tscharke
The painted cliffs at Maria Island. Image: Flow Mountain Bike
Between May – Jan
3 days (with the possibility to extend)
- Accommodation aboard cruise vessel Odalisque (1 night)
- Accommodation at Freycinet Lodge’s Coastal Pavilion (1 night)
- Cruise from Hobart to Freycinet Peninsula (overnight)
- Expert skipper & guide
- Menu featuring gourmet Tasmanian produce
- Fine Tasmanian wine & boutique beer
- Tailored itineraries – excursion tender cruises, walking, birdwatching, photography, beachcombing
- Return cruise from Freycinet Peninsula to Hobart (1 day) OR 3-days car hire
For bookings & enquiries, please contact us now