East Coast Expedition Cruise
A 5-day expedition cruise showcasing the very best of Tasmania’s East Coast and Tasman Peninsula
Tasmania’s East Coast, with its natural beauty, spectacular landscapes, white sandy beaches, and clear blue waters is a must see for any traveller. Based from private cruise vessel Odalisque, guests will explore the highlights of the region, including Port Arthur, Fortescue Bay, Maria Island, Wineglass Bay and the Freycinet Peninsula. Our expert guide & skipper will develop a custom itinerary just for you, sharing plenty of local secrets along the way.
Cruise the East Coast in custom built charter vessel Odalisque.
Explore the best of Tasmania’s East Coast on a tailored cruise experience.
Set foot on Maria Island, getting up close and personal with its abundant wildlife and spectacular coastline. Image: Stu Gibson
Your experience begins right at the heart of the Hobart Waterfront where you will meet your crew and board your floating home for the next 5 days, Odalisque. Taking the voyage at your own pace, you are welcome to either sit back on deck with a glass of Tasmanian vino, or join our guide for bushwalks, shore excursions and tender expeditions along the way. On the way from Hobart, you will take in the Port Arthur Historic Site, Australia’s tallest sea cliffs along the Tasman Peninsula, spectacular coastal bush walking at Cape Hauy and wildlife encounters on Maria Island before arriving at the Freycinet Peninsula. Not to mention the hospitality onboard – with a chef that has been hand-picked from one of Hobart’s best restaurants, you will be spoilt with local island produce, all washed down with Tasmanian beers and wines.
Cape Hauy, Tasman Peninsula. Image: Luke Tscharke
Guest & guide on Odalisque’s top viewing deck.
Wineglass Bay, Freycinet Peninsula. Image: Melissa Findley
Tasman Island and Cape Pillar. Image: Jarrad Seng
Our cruises are tailored to our guests’ interests and weather conditions, but the below itinerary is a taster of the type of experience you can expect. (Itinerary reversed for Coles Bay – Hobart Voyage)
Day 1 – Hobart to Port Arthur
- See Australia’s oldest lighthouse – The Iron Pot
- Take in the spectacular coastline around Cape Raoul
- Cruise past Shipsterns Bluff – world renowned surf break.
- Learn about life at the Port Arthur Convict Settlement in the 1800s
- Stay overnight aboard Odalisque
Day 2 – Port Arthur to Fortescue Bay
- Cruise underneath the tallest sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere – 300m tall Cape Pillar
- See the dramatic coastline around Tasman Island and learn about the past lighthouse keepers
- Optional 4 hour return walk to Cape Hauy
Day 3 – Fortescue Bay to Maria Island
- Cruise Maria Island’s spectacular granite coastline
- Look out for wallabies, wombats and devils as you explore Maria Island on foot
- See historic settlement of Darlington
Day 4 – Freycinet Peninsula and Wineglass Bay
- See a Fur Seal haul out on Ile De Phoques
- Explore the cliffs, caves and waterfalls of the Freycinet Peninsula
- Stroll the white sands of Wineglass Bay
- Explore the coastline of rarely seen Schouten Island
Day 5 – Freycinet to Hobart
- Cruise from Schouten Island into Coles Bay before disembarking after breakfast.
- Enjoy a 3-hour kayaking tour in the Freycinet National Park.
- Luxury vehicle transfer back to Hobart is included, otherwise talk to us about adding on a seaplane transfer.
Stroll along the white sandy beach of Wineglass Bay.
Kayaking on the Freycinet Peninsula. Image: Tourism Tasmania & Kathryn Leahy
Monthly from June – December 2022
See Below for Dates
Private groups of up to 10 people
- Accommodation aboard cruise vessel Odalisque (4 nights)
- Expert skipper & guide
- Menu featuring gourmet Tasmanian produce
- Fine Tasmanian wine & boutique beer
- Tailored itineraries – excursion tender cruises, walking, birdwatching, photography, beachcombing
- Entry to Port Arthur Historic Site and Park Entry Fees
- 3-hour Kayaking Tour on Freycinet Peninsula
- Land Transfer from Coles Bay – Hobart or Hobart-Coles Bay depending on voyage.
Standard Cabin: $6,650pp twinshare
Deluxe Cabin: $7,150pp twinshare
[table “30” not found /]
|Start date||End date||Duration||Cost per person||Availability||Book now|
|Friday 10th June 2022||Tuesday 14th June 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Tuesday 14th June 2022||Saturday 18th June 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Monday 11th July 2022||Friday 15th July 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Friday 15th July 2022||Tuesday 19th July 2022||5 days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Monday 15th August 2022||Friday 19th August 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Friday 19th August 2022||Tuesday 23rd August 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Monday 12th September 2022||Friday 16th September 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Friday 16th September 2022||Tuesday 20th September 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Monday 17th October 2022||Friday 21st October 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Friday 21st October 2022||Tuesday 25th October 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Monday 14th November 2022||Friday 18th November 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Friday 18th November 2022||Tuesday 22nd November 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Monday 5th December 2022||Friday 9th December 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
|Friday 9th December 2022||Tuesday 13th December 2022||5 Days||From $6,650||Available||BOOK NOW|
For bookings & enquiries, please contact us now